Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Hobie Wave

I sailed Hobie's when I was a kid and always enjoyed Beach Cats at resorts.  Finding this used one at a great price made the decision pretty easy for us, me anyway, to have one at the end of the street.

We purchased a used Hobie Wave a couple weeks ago, as I was looking for a fun little boat to play on the Bay with.  The PDQ is great, but its fun to have something that I can set up and use quickly.

I have had to Hobie to about 15 knots off Thomas Point.  I haven't tipped it over yet, and with the weather getting colder I might avoid trying to do it.

Here is a video of an easy ride on October 16th.



We sold the Carolina Skiff, as it would balance the cost of the Hobie, and is not useful for when we go spend winters in the Bahamas.  We think it would be better to upgrade our RIB and get a larger engine. Perhaps in the next couple months we may purchase an aluminum AB RIB with a new engine and small console to take with us as our tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment