Sunday, September 28, 2014

Summer of the Drone

As we really aren't able to get out to much this summer and fall, as our old dog Tyson is moving even slower, and house projects seem to eclipse every weekend, I went out and bought a drone.  Well, two actually...

My brother sold me an old one of his, and when I went to get is programmed for a new remote, I ended up buying a bigger and better drone.

So when I can, I get some video from it and do some minor editing.

It didn't take me long to get fairly good at it, and it s a lot of fun.  Albeit, I like the aspect of gaining more ways to use the GoPro, then actually have a radio control quad copter.  My radio control years passed in the mid to late 1970s.

Here is the video compiled from my first flights.


I had noticed a lot of gulls at our beach and thought I'd check them out, and see how they react to the drone.  I did some great dives on them, but they did not seem very impressed.


The Hunter Sailing Association has a crab feast on a neighboring creek and I took the opportunity to get a bit of video.


This video is of our creek, and a passing cruising boat owned by a nice guy named Gary.  He was visiting someone in our community as they head south for the winter.


I'll add more as I edit the video.  Most of wha seemed awesome in the first days of flying it, now seem fairly dull.



1 comment:

  1. You get some pretty amazing images with that drone (once you got it off the ground).
    I would love a go pro to put some video of us sailing on our website. I look forward to more of your videos.

    ReplyDelete